Adopt a Pet
For the foreseeable future the NKLA Pet Adoption Center is closed to the public. This includes appointment-based adoptions. If you are interested in adopting, we welcome you to fill out a DOG or CAT adoption survey and a member of our staff will be in touch with you via phone or email to advise next steps. Thank you for your patience, understanding and continued support for the animals of Los Angeles during these unprecedented times.
The Best Friends Lifesaving Center in Mission Hills is also closed to the public. However, the team will continue to move animals directly into fosters’ and adopters’ homes with the help of technology, greatly reducing personal contact.
To help the animals of NKLA/Best Friends in L.A. and/or your local rescue or shelter, visit the following resource pages:
NKLA PET ADOPTION CENTER
The state-of-the-art pet adoption center for NKLA Coalition partners features:
- More than 100 kittens, puppies, cats and dogs excited to meet you
- Pets who are up-to-date on vaccinations, microchipped, spayed or neutered, and ready to go home today
- Gift certificates to go towards a pet adoption
- NKLA Boutique in the center for all your pet's necessities, including customized pet ID tags for just $5, and exclusive NKLA merchandise
Note: The NKLA Pet Adoption Center does not accept pets from the public. If you have a pet you need to relinquish, please visit your local LA Animal Services shelter.
ADOPTION PROCESS AND REQUIREMENTS
All adopters must be 18 years of age or older and must present valid/current government-issued identification at the time of adoption.
Prior to adopting a dog or cat from the NKLA Pet Adoption Center, adopters will need the knowledge and consent of their landlord.
Most importantly, all adopters must be willing and able to spend the time and money necessary to provide training, medical treatment and proper care for their new pet.
Note: For long distance adoptions, adopter must visit the pet in person at our center and coordinate pet's transportation at their own cost.
- Each of our NKLA Coalition partners set their own adoption fees. Regular adoption fees range from:
- Cats & Kittens: $25 to $125
- Dogs (over 6 months): $100 to $250
- Puppies (6 months and under): $350
- Select pets five years and older are $5 to adopt all year long if you are 55 years or older (ask us about our 5 for 55 program)!
- Additional Fees: There is also a $20 pet license for dogs that applies to adopters living in the city of Los Angeles.
Virtual Supurrr Adoption: July 18 & 19
The kittens are here! Join Best Friends Los Angeles on July 18 & 19 as their annual Su-PURRR adoption weekend goes virtual. Adopting your new feline friend is as easy as 1, 2, 3. And it's FREE! Yep, they're waiving adoption fees for all kittens adopted July 18 & 19.
Step 2: After your survey is received, schedule your virtual meet-and-greet appointment for July 18 or 19. A link to schedule your virtual meeting will be emailed to you after receipt of your survey (see step 1).
Step 3: Find your kitten soulmate and schedule a time to pick up your new best friend(s) from the Best Friends Lifesaving Center in Mission Hills.
All kittens are spayed/neutered, up-to-date on vaccines, microchipped and ready for a lifetime of love!
NKLA Super Adoption
1845 Pontius Ave, West L.A. 90025
Conveniently located just off Santa Monica Blvd and the 405 Freeway, minutes from Century City Mall.
PHONE: (424) 208-8840
OPEN DAILY NOON TO 8PM
Featured Adoption Center Pets
No matching pets found.
Try a new search!