Adopt a Pet
NKLA Pet Adoption Center
The state-of-the-art pet adoption center for NKLA Coalition partners features:
- More than 100 kittens, puppies, cats and dogs excited to meet you
- Pets who are up-to-date on vaccinations, microchipped, spayed or neutered, and ready to go home today
- Gift certificates to go towards a pet adoption
- NKLA Boutique in the center for all your pet's necessities, including customized pet ID tags for just $5, and exclusive NKLA merchandise
Note: The NKLA Pet Adoption Center does not accept pets from the public. If you have a pet you need to relinquish, please visit your local LA Animal Services shelter.
ADOPTION PROCESS AND REQUIREMENTS
No appointment needed! Stop by the NKLA Pet Adoption Center during open hours (12-8 p.m. daily). Our adoption specialists are always more than happy to help you find your new best friend.
All adopters must be 18 years of age or older and must present valid/current government-issued identification at the time of adoption.
Prior to adopting a dog or cat from the NKLA Pet Adoption Center, adopters will need the knowledge and consent of their landlord.
Most importantly, all adopters must be willing and able to spend the time and money necessary to provide training, medical treatment and proper care for their new pet.
Note: For long distance adoptions, adopter must visit the pet in person at our center and coordinate pet's transporation at their own cost.
- Each of our NKLA Coaltioin partners set their own adoption fees. Regular adoption fees range from:
- Cats & Kittens: $25 to $125
- Dogs (over 6 months): $100 to $250
- Puppies (6 months and under): $350
- Select pets five years and older are $5 to adopt all year long if you are 55 years or older (ask us about our 5 for 55 program)!
- Additional Fees: There is also a $20 pet license for dogs that applies to adopters living in the city of Los Angeles.
#SaveTheKittens Citywide Fee-Waived Cat and Kitten Adoptions - Saturday, October 12
Angelenos, can the kittens count on you? Right now, the kittens need your help. Join us for the #savethekittens citywide adoption event, adopt a kitten and save a life.
When: October 12 (Our center is open 12-8 p.m. daily!)
Where: NKLA Pet Adoption Center located at 1845 Pontius Avenue, Los Angeles, California 90025 and Best Friends Lifesaving Center located at 15321 Brand Boulevard, Mission Hills, CA 91345, LA Animal Services shelters and more! Visit NKLA.org/kittens for participating rescues.
*Promo applies to select pets at the NKLA Pet Adoption Center.
Sip and Support NKLA: Presented by Mercury Wine Club - Saturday, November 16, 2019
Wine. Whiskers. What more could you ask for on a Saturday evening?! Join us for a fun evening of wine tasting at the NKLA Pet Adoption Center. All proceeds benefit Best Friends Animal Society. Learn more
Paint Your Pet Night - Saturday, December 7, 2019
Join us for a fun evening at our NKLA Pet Adoption Center painting your pet while sipping on a cocktail. All proceeds from this event will go directly back to Best Friends Animal Society. Learn more
Conveniently located just off Santa Monica Blvd and the 405 Freeway,
minutes from Century City Mall.
The NKLA Pet Adoption Center does not take in animals from the public.