Adopt a Pet
NKLA Pet Adoption Center
The state-of-the-art pet adoption center for NKLA Coalition partners features:
- More than 100 kittens, puppies, cats and dogs excited to meet you
- Pets who are up-to-date on vaccinations, microchipped, spayed or neutered, and ready to go home today
- Gift certificates to go towards a pet adoption
- NKLA Boutique in the center for all your pet's necessities, including customized pet ID tags for just $5, and exclusive NKLA merchandise
Note: The NKLA Pet Adoption Center does not accept pets from the public. If you have a pet you need to relinquish, please visit your local LA Animal Services shelter.
ADOPTION PROCESS AND REQUIREMENTS
No appointment needed! Stop by the NKLA Pet Adoption Center during open hours (12-8 p.m. daily). Our adoption specialists are always more than happy to help you find your new best friend.
All adopters must be 18 years of age or older and must present valid/current government-issued identification at the time of adoption.
Prior to adopting a dog or cat from the NKLA Pet Adoption Center, adopters will need the knowledge and consent of their landlord.
Most importantly, all adopters must be willing and able to spend the time and money necessary to provide training, medical treatment and proper care for their new pet.
Note: For long distance adoptions, adopter must visit the pet in person at our center and coordinate pet's transporation at their own cost.
- Each of our NKLA Coalition partners set their own adoption fees. Regular adoption fees range from:
- Cats & Kittens: $25 to $125
- Dogs (over 6 months): $100 to $250
- Puppies (6 months and under): $350
- Select pets five years and older are $5 to adopt all year long if you are 55 years or older (ask us about our 5 for 55 program)!
- Additional Fees: There is also a $20 pet license for dogs that applies to adopters living in the city of Los Angeles.
Check back soon!
ME-OM: Yoga with Adoptable Cats - Holiday 2019 Edition: Saturday, December 21, 2019 (12-1pm)
Relax and recharge with some feline friends this holiday season! Join us for our upcoming ME-OM: Yoga with Adoptable Cats at our NKLA Pet Adoption Center in West L.A. To learn more and purchase tickets, CLICK HERE.
NKLA Super Adoption: 2020 Dates TBD
Our highly anticipated annual weekend-long adoption event! More than 1,000 adoptable dogs and cats will be featured from Best Friends L.A., our NKLA Coalition partners (including LA Animal Services), rescue groups, county shelters and other local animal welfare organizations, all committed to making Los Angeles a no-kill city. LEARN MORE
NKLA Supurrr Adoption: 2020 Dates TBD
We're bringing together hundreds of cats and kittens from local shelters and rescue groups for the ultimate cat adoption experience at the NKLA Pet Adoption Center! LEARN MORE
1845 Pontius Ave, West L.A. 90025
Conveniently located just off Santa Monica Blvd and the 405 Freeway, minutes from Century City Mall.
PHONE: (424) 208-8840
OPEN DAILY NOON TO 8PM
THANKSGIVING DAY (THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 28): 10AM-2PM
BLACK FRIDAY (FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 29): 6AM-8PM
CHRISTMAS EVE (TUESDAY, DECEMBER 24): NOON TO 8PM
CHRISTMAS DAY (WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 25): 10AM-2PM
NEW YEAR'S EVE (TUESDAY, DECEMBER 31): 10AM-2PM
NEW YEAR'S DAY (WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 1): 10AM-2PM
The NKLA Pet Adoption Center does not take in animals from the public.