SPAY/NEUTER PROGRAMS FROM NKLA COALITION PARTNERS
NKLA Coalition partners offer many different options to help you spay or neuter your pet. It’s possible that your pet may even qualify for a discounted or free spay/neuter surgery. Please note that services for community cats will vary.
LOS ANGELES ANIMAL SERVICES LOCATIONS:
• SOUTH LA ANIMAL SHELTER:
ASPCA offers free spay or neuter services for residents of the city of L.A. Located at the South LA Animal Care Center, 1850 West 60th Street, Los Angeles, 90047; Clinic operates Tuesday through Saturday and accepts dogs and cats on a first-come, first-served basis beginning at 7:00 a.m.
ADDITIONAL SPAY/NEUTER RESOURCES
Need help getting animals to a clinic? No problem!
Heaven on Earth Society for Animals offers free transport to clinics within select zip codes in the San Fernando Valley on their “SpayShip.” Click here for details.
Spay and Neuter FAQs
How long does spay/neuter take? It depends on the animal’s breed, age, temperament and other factors.
What age should I spay/neuter my pet? As early as 8 weeks old in many cases. However, you should always consult your vet.
Is it a difficult procedure? Spaying and neutering are routine procedures, and complications are rare.
WHY YOU SHOULD SPAY AND NEUTER
- You prevent unwanted litters of puppies and kittens.
- It helps prevent “marking” inside your home.
- Your pet is less likely to get certain types of cancer.
- There are discount programs to make the surgery affordable.
- Male dogs and cats won’t be as inclined to try to run away.
- Females won’t go into heat.
- Spaying and neutering your pet is good for the community.
- Bottom line is it saves lives, and is better for your pet!