You can help fix the problem. Spay or neuter your pet.
SPAY/NEUTER PROGRAMS FROM NKLA COALITION PARTNERS
NKLA Coalition partners offer many different options to help you spay or neuter your pet. It’s possible that your pet may even qualify for a discounted or free spay/neuter surgery. Please note that services for community cats will vary.
SPAY AND NEUTER VOUCHER
ADDITIONAL SPAY/NEUTER RESOURCES
Need help transporting your cat to a clinic? No problem!
Heaven on Earth Society for Animals offers free transport to clinics within select zip codes in the San Fernando Valley on their “SpayShip.” Click here for details.
Featured S/N Events
FIX YOUR BIG DOG FOR FREE!
(OVER 40 LBS)
NKLA coalition partner SNPLA
Appointments & General Inquiries:
Spay Neuter Project L.A. is offering FREE neuter for male pet dogs. Call today to make your appointment! Dogs must be over 40 lbs (current or projected weight) and qualifying income (under $40k/annually) required. Certain zip codes qualify: 90002, 90003, 90011, 90016, 90018, 90037, 90043, 90044, 90047, 90062, 91331, 91335, 91342, 91352, 91402
Spay and Neuter FAQs
How long does spay/neuter take? It depends on the animal’s breed, age, temperament and other factors.
What age should I spay/neuter my pet? As early as 8 weeks old in many cases. However, you should always consult your vet.
Is it a difficult procedure? Spaying and neutering are routine procedures, and complications are rare.
WHY YOU SHOULD SPAY AND NEUTER
- You prevent unwanted litters of puppies and kittens.
- It helps prevent “marking” inside your home.
- Your pet is less likely to get certain types of cancer.
- There are discount programs to make the surgery affordable.
- Male dogs and cats won’t be as inclined to try to run away.
- Females won’t go into heat.
- Spaying and neutering your pet is good for the community.
- Bottom line is it saves lives, and is better for your pet!