SPAY/NEUTER PROGRAMS FROM NKLA COALITION PARTNERS
NKLA Coalition partners offer many different options to help you spay or neuter your pet. It’s possible that your pet may even qualify for a discounted or free spay/neuter surgery. Please note that services for community cats will vary.
LOS ANGELES ANIMAL SERVICES LOCATIONS:
• SOUTH LA ANIMAL SHELTER:
ASPCA offers free spay or neuter services for residents of the city of L.A. Located at the South LA Animal Care Center, 1850 West 60th Street, Los Angeles, 90047; Clinic operates Tuesday through Saturday and accepts dogs and cats on a first-come, first-served basis beginning at 7:00 a.m.
ADDITIONAL SPAY/NEUTER RESOURCES
Need help getting animals to a clinic? No problem!
Heaven on Earth Society for Animals offers free transport to clinics within select zip codes in the San Fernando Valley on their “SpayShip.” Click here for details.
Featured S/N Events
LOW COST SPAY/NEUTER FOR CATS
OCTOBER 7, 2015
NKLA coalition partner The PETER ZIPPI FUND FOR ANIMALS
Appointments & General Inquiries:
Where: L.A. Harbor College, 1111 Figueroa Place, Wilmington CA 90744
Includes physical exam by licensed vet, surgery, pain injection, FVRCP and Radies vaccine.
Spay and Neuter FAQs
How long does spay/neuter take? It depends on the animal’s breed, age, temperament and other factors.
What age should I spay/neuter my pet? As early as 8 weeks old in many cases. However, you should always consult your vet.
Is it a difficult procedure? Spaying and neutering are routine procedures, and complications are rare.
WHY YOU SHOULD SPAY AND NEUTER
- You prevent unwanted litters of puppies and kittens.
- It helps prevent “marking” inside your home.
- Your pet is less likely to get certain types of cancer.
- There are discount programs to make the surgery affordable.
- Male dogs and cats won’t be as inclined to try to run away.
- Females won’t go into heat.
- Spaying and neutering your pet is good for the community.
- Bottom line is it saves lives, and is better for your pet!