ACPB Academy is in full swing!
Register: Email us at CLASS@angelcitypits.org to sign up for our Community Training Classes.
We have limited space in class, so be sure to email if you are interested in attending and wait until you receive confirmation
We offer three different types of classes:
Owner Focus: Saturdays at 8:30 a.m.
This class is similar to our current structure and will continue to provide training for owners that are interested in building the bond with their dog through owner-initiated commands.
CGC/CGC-Ready: Saturdays at 9:30 a.m.
This class will focus on owners that are interested in pursuing the CGC or Puppy Star certifications. It will also serve to support ACPB's new commitment to a CGC Ready designation for all of our foster dogs. This will be a great environment for our foster dogs, along with their fosters or volunteers, to receive valuable training.
Movement: Saturdays at 8:30 a.m.
This class will focus on movement, leash-handling and proximity work. The addition of this class will serve the dogs that have advanced past the Owner Focus and CGC courses or those dogs that may be too reactive to benefit from a stationary class.
- Dogs should be on a 6-foot leash (leather is recommended)
- Please no dog introductions at class; all dogs will have different tolerance levels and we want everyone to be set up for success (your dog may be very social, but others may not)
- Martingale collars are preferred (if you use a prong or another type of collar you may bring it, but please begin with the martingale)
- Please bring treats — something yummy and high value that your dog will want to work for (we recommend skipping breakfast so your dog is interested in working)
- Please also bring water for your dog as well as poop bags
Jeans or workout gear (pants are recommended)